Mrs. Franklin D. Roosevelt's visit to TexasMrs. Franklin D. Roosevelt's visit to Texas
The house was first leased to the Arthur Murphy family inn 1938, The entire farm consisted of 299 acres. The house was donated and moved in March 2014 to the FiberMax Center for Discovery (formerly the Bayer Museum of Agriculture) by the Larry Smith family, to be used as a museum exhibit.
Originally built and located in Hockley County, near Ropesville, Texas. The house was donated by the Larry Smith family and moved to Lubbock March 2014. The house was first leased to the Arthur Murphy Family in 1938. The farm number was #63. Between 1936 and 1938, there were about seventy-five houses built on this same plan, and the numbers were needed to help visitors locate specific farms that were scattered about on the 16,000 acres that made up the Ropesville Farms Project.
Project originally submitted by Margaret Elaine Johnson on November 27, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE